My personal advice:
- Find a workout program/routine that challenges you but that you enjoy; commit to doing it X number of times per week. Whether it's P90x, Jillian Michaels, body pump, pilates, yoga, racquetball, tennis, running, etc, it doesn't matter that much. Just find something that you like that gets you moving and do it!
- Get rid of the junk you usually eat. Replace with fresh, healthy foods—eggs, salads, soups, sandwiches. Fill your diet with healthy protein that will give you lasting energy.
- Count your calories, at least for a little while so that you'll understand how many calories are in the things you typically eat. This will help you weigh in your mind whether certain foods are worth the calories for you. (There are apps for this. I use Lose It!)
- Learn to say no to yourself and others. Our own desires are hard enough to deal with. Add in some people in your life who are putting bad foods right in front of your face, and it's tough. YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO SAY NO.
- Don't completely deprive yourself. Deprivation is discouraging. It's okay to have a sweet treat; just don't overdo it.
Good luck with all your 2015 goals!