Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Marriage

I have a good excuse for not posting in a while. I got married in August.

It's been absolutely crazy on my end. Since about my birthday (mid July) I've been busy busy busy trying to get everything taken care of for the wedding. On top of that, I was going to the chiropractor to try to fix my increasingly painful back problems, trying to not go crazy from taking birth control, still trying to settle in from moving a month and a half earlier, and several other things.

I'm going to be honest: some of the wedding shenanigans sucked. Big time.

By the week of the wedding, I was thinking maybe we should have just done something extremely simple or eloped. It was causing me so much anxiety and stress! But in the end, I'm really glad we did what we did.

My grandfather sealed us for time and all eternity in the House of the Lord. That's really all that mattered! (I was so relieved to just have that part DONE!!! Finally legitimately married instead of just thinking about it all the time!)

But it was really nice to have all the other stuff too. I loved our family dinner the night before, my beautiful dress, the lovely flowers, our reception at the Proctor house, my family coming in for the weekend, and all the delightful photos I now have to remember the day by. There's only one time where you can dress up like that and have flowers and a cake and a big party with all your friends. I wanted to take advantage of it.

And I recently got all the photos back. I have hundreds. And they're all spectacular. But I'll condense them and share some of my favorites with you!
















Seriously, these photos make me SO HAPPY!

And here are photos from the reception.


















1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS MY BEAUTIFUL LITTLE FRIEND! I can't believe how happy it makes me to see pictures of your wedding! And of your family! You parents mean so much to me. Your whole family was just essential in my adolescent survival! I will never forget how much they meant to me. Tell them hello for me! Congratulations again! Marriage is the best thing that ever happened to me. I hope it brings you the same level of insane happiness that it has for me! -ashley "clark" skifton

    ReplyDelete