Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tyler Roses

There is a local woman who takes her van to the Brookshire's parking lot in "The Rose Capital of the Nation" every day. The Van says "Tyler Roses, Dozen - $2.50." Dang, that's inexpensive! I pass by that lady nearly every day, and I'd heard a lot about the roses around here, so I finally stopped by. I got some coral-colored roses. They didn't look superb, but for that price I didn't care. I just love flowers. So I brought them home and we cut all the leaves and thorns off. They looked nice enough all trimmed and put together, but the next day and the day after that, they were simply spectacular. They bloomed bigger than I'd ever seen a store-bought rose do, and I fell in love. These were for real! And locally grown. How awesome!






If I had a job, I think I'd feel justified in buying myself a dozen every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment