Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dirk, What a Stud

So I know I mentioned him in the last post, but he's fantastic. Today I read this little letter in the Dallas Morning News.

Nowitzki is more than just a great basketball player. He's also a gentleman.

Some years ago, my wife and I went to Theatre Three for a production in that intimate downstairs theater. We were seated on the second row from the stage. Dirk came in and sat down directly in front of me. I didn't know how I would be able to see the play. But when it began, Dirk leanded forward, put his elbows on his thighs, so as to make a smaller profile, and remained that way throughout the evening. I saw everything.

It was a very thoughtful gesture, one I expect he's repeated many times in public places. What a gentleman!


This is such a refreshing piece of information. I'm glad that he chooses to be different from all the self-centered, limelight-loving, cocky players that often play professional sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment