But around Christmas I bought myself everything I needed to start doing gel nails, and I'm so happy about it! Seriously, one of the best purchases ever.
Reasons gel nails ROCK
- They last about 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS, people. You might get a tiny bubble or a chip before then, but it's still waaaay better than regular nail polish
- Your nails are smoother. The nail polish just dries perfectly and all smooth-like. It feels great.
- It comes off easier. When it's time to put on a new color, it's really easy to get off the whole thing without using any remover. Should I take the polish off without remover? Someone at a salon would probably say no, but I don't care.
- My nails are stronger. Somehow the gel is pretty tough, and my nails don't bend or break like they do when they're bare.
- My nails are longer. Because they are stronger with gel polish, they actually grow! Yay!
- It doesn't rub or scratch off. When I used regular nail polish, I would find little streaks on my papers occasionally from my nail polish. That doesn't happen with gel nails.
- I don't have to reapply all the time, which saves me time and patience. Forty minutes every two weeks? I can do that! Forty minutes every five or six weeks for my toes? Psh! Done!
- It dries immediately. Once you're done, you're done. I know it's hard to believe, but you don't have to worry about smudging and you don't have to worry about doing anything with your hands. They're good to go. It's amazing!
If you think you might want to give it a go, I've found that while I preferred OPI regular nail polish, I much prefer the Artistic brand over OPI when it comes to gel nails.
Best of luck!